Ad has expired
|Institution:||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Target rank:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
|Posting date:||October 15, 2018|
|More info URL:||https://cheme.mit.edu/|
MIT - Chemical Engineering Department & IDSS|
SYSTEMS FACULTY POSITION
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS
The MIT Department of Chemical Engineering together with the Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS - https://idss.mit.edu/) are seeking candidates for a joint tenure-track faculty position starting in July 2019 or on a mutually agreed date thereafter. Appointments will be at the assistant or untenured associate professor level. In special cases, a senior faculty appointment may be possible. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field by the start of their employment. Faculty duties include teaching, research, and supervision of students.
We will consider candidates with background and interest in the general area of Systems, that is, analysis, optimization, design, and/or control of complex interconnected systems. Expertise areas of interests include, but are not limited to:
• Systems technologies for energy, materials, chemicals, and/or biomedical applications
• Advanced manufacturing systems, e.g., modeling, analysis, design, and control of manufacturing of products with specified molecular, micro, or mesoscale structures
• Mathematical modeling, design, and/or control of electrochemical systems
• Machine learning, high-dimensional statistics, data analytics for engineering applications
• Systems biology, systems biomedicine, and metabolic engineering
• Systems theory and algorithms for molecular and nanoscale systems
• Renewable energy and interconnected energy-water-food systems
• Design of products for sustainability, e.g., recycling systems, technoeconomic analysis, life cycle assessment
We are interested in candidates who have the vision and interest to contribute to the research frontier of emerging interdisciplinary fields. Appointment will be made in partnership with IDSS and the MIT Department of Chemical Engineering, whose faculty come from a wide variety of disciplines that include Engineering, Mathematics, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The objective of this position is to hire the best person, irrespective of the disciplines in which they received their degrees.
Candidates must register with the School of Engineering Faculty Search website (https://school-of-engineering-faculty-search.mit.edu/cheme/) and must submit application materials electronically to this website. Candidate applications should include a description of professional interests and goals in both teaching and research. Each application should include curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three or more individuals who will provide letters of recommendation. Letter writers should submit their letters directly to MIT, preferably on the website or by mailing to the address below. Applications received by December 1, 2018 will be given priority.
Send all materials not submitted on the website to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MIT is an equal opportunity employer. Women and underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply.